What Information Do We Collect?
We collect certain information when you connect to or use whsfa.org or wisconsinspeech.org in various ways. This information may be information that can identify you as a person or non-personal information and is either collected automatically or as a result of your specific input of the information. All information collected in any way is referred to collectively in this Policy as "Information." All Information is currently processed and stored in the United States on either Wisconsin High School Forensic Association’s servers, or the servers of the third party sites and services noted in the following section.
Third Party Sites and Services
WHSFA utilizes the following third-party services to carry out our business operations:
- Kinsta (whsfa.org web hosting)
- Google G Suite (email, document/data storage and collaboration)
- Arcstone AMO Association Management Online (membership/dues management and communication)
- Intuit QuickBooks (financial accounting management)
- SpeechWire.com (interscholastic contest registration and operations)
- Dialpad (telephone telecommunications management)
- MailChimp (email newsletter and marketing)
- Moosend (email newsletter and marketing)
- XPS Ship (shipping/mailing)
We automatically collect information when you visit our websites. We collect your IP address and browser header (version and type of browser) in a log file. We also collect your Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks.
We may also automatically collect certain Information through the use of "cookies" or web beacons. These are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the websites, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on our websites, and to improve our Service.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
You are required to provide the following information to Wisconsin High School Forensic Association when you sign up for the Services: your email address, your username, your name in real life, your high school/organization and its address and phone numbers; other information is voluntary, including, but not limited to: your interests and your picture (for your profile). We automatically collect the time you connect ("timestamp"). Also, if you sign up via an ad click, we automatically collect your device type and unique device identifier.
We collect the following information when you log in to Wisconsin High School Forensic Association: your geographic location (specified by latitude and longitude) and your IP address. These are collected automatically as part of the login process as a security precaution to help safeguard identity.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use Information for the following purposes:
- to administer our websites and provide our services or information you request
- to process and complete any transactions;
- to promote Wisconsin High School Forensic Association in general;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to track visitor movement and activity in the aggregate (for example, to give us information about what parts of the websites users are visiting)
- to personalize and improve Wisconsin High School Forensic Association services and features and your experiences when you use Wisconsin High School Forensic Association, such as providing content or features that match your profile, location or interests;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- help prevent fraud or other misuse; and
- for any other stated purpose for which the Information was collected.
In addition, we may use your email address to send you emails for both transactional (e.g., confirmation of or issues with Services) and promotional purposes (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications and third-party offers). Email messages we send to you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails, including whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional emails from us, please see the section in each email labeled "Choice/Opt-Out".
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be utilized for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Specifically
- with analytics providers for the purpose of analyzing user data;
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services;
- anonymous or aggregate data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wisconsin High School Forensic Association, our users, or others; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of organization assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our assets.
How Do We Use Your Information for Analytics?
We may allow analytics providers to collect your Information within the Service and they may share it with us.
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information?
While we take measures to protect your Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration, despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify certain Information that you provided to us that is associated with your account by logging in and editing your profile information on Wisconsin High School Forensic Association request modifications to any Information that you cannot edit via the Service, please contact Wisconsin High School Forensic Association’s user support at email@example.com
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails and push notifications from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, you will still receive emails from us, about your account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
Deactivating Your Account and Deleting Account Information
You can deactivate or permanently delete your account by contacting our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deactivating your account lets you remove your profile without permanently deleting it. We reserve the right, but are not required, to permanently delete your Information if you do not reactivate your account within 60 days of deactivation. We will then delete all of your account Information.
If you are located outside the United States, please note that we may transfer your Information to the United States (or any other country in which we operate) and process it there. By using Wisconsin High School Forensic Association, you consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage and disclosure of your Information as described in this Policy.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our online services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal Information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal Information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such Information from our files as soon as possible.
Your California Privacy Rights
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by editing their profile.
Disclosure to Protect Abuse Victims
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Policy, Wisconsin High School Forensic Association reserves the right, but has no obligation, to disclose any Information that you submit to Wisconsin High School Forensic Association, if in its sole opinion, Wisconsin High School Forensic Association suspects or has reason to suspect, that the Information involves a party who may be the victim of abuse in any form. Abuse may include, without limitation, elder abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. Information may be disclosed to authorities that Wisconsin High School Forensic Association, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate to handle such disclosure. Appropriate authorities may include, without limitation, law enforcement agencies, child protection agencies, or court officials.
Changes to the Policy
Last Updated August 25, 2020 (clarified purpose of third party services used; added Kinsta as web host and Arcstone AMO as membership management system; clarified that we do not provide non-personal demographic information outside our own, specific marketing purposes).
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Policy.