State Speech Festival Exhibits
We are pleased to announce an opportunity for vendors, including collegiate forensics programs, to have an exhibit booth at the Wisconsin Speech Festival on the campus of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. More than 4,500 students from over 360 schools converge for their culminating contest experience of the season. This is a prime chance to engage with young people and/or their coach-educators when they are at their most excited!
Exhibits will be in close proximity to the festival headquarters, in one of the classroom buildings in the central part of campus (near iconic Bascom Hall). Exhibits will share the same space as our popular merchandise table and our photo backdrop, where we will have a social media contest for schools to post pictures.
- Booking deadline: Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- Cost: $100
- Exhibit setup: Friday, April 12, 2-4pm
- Exhibit hours: Friday, April 12, 4-9pm, Saturday, April 13, 9am-1pm
- Exhibit strikedown: Saturday, April 13, 1pm-2pm
- The exhibit fee includes 1 display table and 2 chairs
- Exhibit space is limited to the provided table. Exhibit tables are not assigned; select space on a first come, first served basis. Additional tables are $100/ea. Exhibit pricing is for the entire festival; partial pricing is not available. Refunds only will be given for exhibits cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the beginning of the initial exhibit setup period, and minus any credit card processing fees. All fees must be paid prior to the start of the festival, unless proof of payment process (such as a purchase order or check request) is provided. The WHSFA reserves the right to refuse reservations to any exhibitor.
- Exhibitors must provide their own table linens, extension cables, and power strips. They must bring all materials in to the facility during the setup period (no advance shipping is available), and must remove all materials — including trash — when they leave. A maintenance fee may be assessed if an exhibitor’s area is left disorderly or damaged.
- While we will try to provide electricity, we cannot guarantee availability.
- Exhibitors must use the UW-Madison provided guest WIFI network; no wired (ethernet) connections are available.
- Exhibitors are responsible for their own parking.
- Noise/visual elements from booths must not affect presentation of other exhibitors.
- Only the WHSFA may sell T-shirts, hoodies, and drawstring backpacks.
- We appreciate exhibitors remaining for the entire exhibiting period during the festival, unless prior arrangements/special requests have been made with festival management.
- NOTE: Submitting an Exhibiting Application indicates your knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of these Exhibiting Guidelines. If you do not agree to the guidelines, do not submit an Exhibiting Application.
- The WHSFA retains the right to amend guidelines as necessary and where required by university policy or local laws. Exhibitors will be notified of any guidelines changes immediately.