WHSTF Marketing Opportunities
The Wisconsin High School Theatre Festival reaches more than 1,700 Wisconsin high school students, teachers, and other theatre professionals. We partner with Footlights for a professional theatre-style printed program, and offer sponsorship opportunities with signage at the event and program advertising incentives.
Display advertising in the program booklet not only helps support programming to keep performing arts vital in the lives of young people, but it raises awareness of your products/services used by directors, as well as institutions of higher learning looking to recruit students.
- $200 – ¼ page vertical (2.25″ x 3.75″) PDF | ID
- $200 – ¼ page horizontal (4.625″ x 1.825″) PDF | ID
- $250 – ½ page vertical (2.25″ x 7.625″) PDF | ID
- $250 – ½ page horizontal (4.625″ x 3.75″) PDF | ID
- $400 – Grayscale full page (4.625″ x 7.625″) PDF | ID | AI
- $600 – Color full page (4.625″ x 7.625″) PDF | ID | AI
Use links to the right of each above for dimensioned templates. Ads must be submitted as PDF format. High-resolution scans should be supplied at 300 dpi, line art at 600 dpi, and should be saved as PDF. Color images must be saved as CMYK. All printer and screen fonts must be provided or saved as outlines. Publications are printed heat set web and/or sheet fed offset and saddle stitched. Advertisements should be uploaded as part of the application/booking process, and must be received and finalized by October 18, 2019.
Please note: in 2019 we are discontinuing the Guidebook event app.
- Exhibit setup: Thursday, November 21, 4-6pm
- Exhibit hours: Friday, November 22, 9am-4pm, Saturday, November 23, 10am-12 Noon (new-shorter hours Saturday)
- Exhibit strikedown: Saturday, November 23, 12 Noon-2pm
- The $150 exhibit fee ($25 discount if paid before October 1) includes 1 display table, 2 chairs and 2 name badges that allow you access to all festival activities (excluding showcase performances), and listing in the printed Footlights program (see above for additional advertising options).
- Tables in 2019 are 8-ft. long.
- Changes for 2019: We will offer free coffee and light snacks for exhibitors throughout the exhibiting periods during the festival! We are adding this in lieu of providing parking permits. At UW-Milwaukee, parking permits will not be provided. The Union Garage is the closest parking location, and guests may use a pay station or the ParkMobile app; plus, exhibitors may find it more cost effective to use mass transportation or a shared ride service from lodging to the university. Detailed parking information is available from the main festival page.
All advertisements, vending booths, and sponsorships must be finalized by October 18, 2019, to make the publication deadline.
- Exhibitors must provide their own table linens, extension cables, and power strips.
- Internet access must be booked by the initial exhibit application deadline. WIFI is free; wired (ethernet) connections may require an additional fee to exhibitor for cabling service.
- Exhibit tables are not assigned; select space on a first come, first served basis. Additional tables are $100/ea.
- Noise/visual elements from booths must not affect the presentation of other exhibitors.
- Only the WHSFA may sell T-shirts, drawstring backpacks, magnets, and pens. No other vendor may sell T-shirts of any kind, other than those that are clearly for the purpose of staging costume.
- Additional exhibit staff (beyond the allowed 2 persons) will be charged $10 per person.
- Exhibits are expected to remain for the entire exhibiting period during the festival, unless prior arrangements/special requests have been made with festival management.
- Exhibitors must take all materials, including trash, with them at the conclusion of their vending period. A maintenance fee may be assessed if an exhibitor’s area is left disorderly or damaged.
- Exhibit pricing is for the entire festival; partial pricing is not available. Refunds only will be given for exhibits cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the beginning of the initial exhibit setup period, and minus any credit card processing fees. All fees must be paid prior to the start of the festival. Exhibitors with unpaid fees will not be permitted to attend.
- The WHSFA reserves the right to refuse reservations to any exhibitor.
- Items may be shipped ahead of the festival; open the toggle below to read information specific to this year’s festival.
- See parking information on the main festival page; exhibitors are responsible for providing their own parking (new in 2019).
- We will, however, provide refreshments/snacks for exhibitors throughout the exhibiting periods.
- NOTE: Submitting an Exhibiting Application indicates your knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of the WHSTF Exhibiting Guidelines. If you do not agree to the guidelines, do not submit an Exhibiting Application.
- The WHSFA retains the right to amend guidelines as necessary and where required by university policy or local laws. Exhibitors will be notified of any guidelines changes immediately.
- Tables are 8-ft. long
- Items may be shipped ahead of the festival, and must arrive the week of the festival — not earlier — to:
UWM PSOA – Theatre
ATTN: Ralph Janes
2400 E Kenwood Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53211
– Exhibitors are responsible for making arrangements for return shipping.
– Shipped items will be brought to the exhibiting area.
- All exhibitors should unload Thursday through the main front doors of the UWM Peck School of the Arts.
- See parking information on the main festival page; exhibitors are responsible for providing their own parking (new in 2019); however, we will provide snack refreshments.
Support our programming and get signature billing with one of the following sponsorship options:
- $1,000 – One-act theatre venue (3 venues) All 3 claimed for 2019!
- Includes full page (grayscale – we can bill an additional $200 to upgrade to full-color, if available) ad, signage at venue, and logo in program
- Venue preference (i.e., size/stature of venue) will be granted based on the following: (1) past support of the festival; (2) order in which requests are received.
- $600 – Name badge lanyards (1 lanyard sponsor/year) – CLAIMED for 2019!
- For all 1,500+ students and associated adults at the event
- $500 – Showcase time slot (2 time slots)
- Includes full page (grayscale) ad, signage at venue, and logo in program
- $400 – Workshop room (5 workshop rooms) All claimed for 2019!
- Includes full page (grayscale) ad, signage at venue, and listing in program
- $250 – Directors’ hospitality room (1 room)
- Includes signage at venue, and listing in program
- $150 – Adjudicator hospitality room (1 room)
- Includes signage at venue, and listing in program
- $75 – Festival results packet (1 packet)
- Includes branding on results easel at venue, in results packet, and online results
All advertisements, vending booths, and sponsorships must be finalized by October 15, 2019, to make the publication deadline. Advertisements included as part of sponsorship should be uploaded as part of the application/booking process.